Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What did you get from Santa?

I hope everyone got what they wanted for Christmas. I did because I ordered it myself.

During the first year or so of marriage I became painfully aware that my husband did not excel in the area of gift giving. Now he isn't as inept as Fred Flintstone giving Wilma a bowling ball . . . but he's pretty close. So my husband and I soon decided that on special occassions he would simply present me with cash. I do the book-keeping in our household so to be presented with money that I didn't have to hunt and peck through our budget for myself is quite the treat. Also having money that I must spend on myself rather than the children (as I think most mothers are inclined to do) or stash into the savings account is rather exhilarating. So I bought wool. Now I'm a newcomer to the area of wool applique and rug hooking but I've found that I quite enjoy it. I have a few patterns tumbling around in my head right now and I can't wait to share them with you.

Also look in the next couple of days for the January Freebie Pattern. I posted the last one on November 30th so I'm thinking this one will go up on Decemeber 30th. It's sitting in my sewing box right now all stitched up just waiting to have a photo taken of it. I hope you stop by to see it and let me know what you think.

xoxo

Jennie Lynn

2 comments:

Ann said...

I like your approach to buying gifts for your self! Last year I found a candle holder that I really liked, bought it, wrapped it up and put it under the tree labeled "To Mom". I went on and on about how much I loved it on Christmas morning and no one could remember buying it for me! I thanked them all for the gift. ~Ann

Joy said...

At one time, my husband gave me the best gifts ever...now he needs a little guidance. Probably because I say "I don't want anything". LOL
Can't wait to see your designs...you will love working with wool.
Happy New Years!