Saturday, June 18, 2011

To Every Season

Hectic? Chaotic? Disordered? There isn't a word to describe my house this past week. I've made it through the first week of Summer Recess and all I can say is "When does school start?" I always think I'm prepared but alas never am. I have a selective amnesia and somehow throughout the rest of year forget exactly how . . . tiring Summer can be. Oh how I long for Autumn. As you can see I've started some tiny samplers in the spirit of that season. I haven't picked up needle and thread in days. Every morning I tell myself I'll stitch that evening but once the kids are asleep for the night I'm never far behind. I'm hoping that eventually my body will adjust to the new schedule . . . .

In the meantime there's the pleasures of Summer to enjoy. There are many things about Summer Recess I forget, but the things I remember are the things I cherish. Picnics, trips to the beach, fireworks, carnivals, lazy mornings, strawberries, watermelon . . . . and dreams of my stitching spot.

I have been mucking about with blogger quite a bit. So much in fact I think I will have to "unplug" the next few days. I did manage to design my own blog background. That's quite an accomplishment for me given that I've been trying to figure it out for awhile now. What do you think?

I promise to get more stitching done, though. I've been blessed with a great deal of inspiration lately just not the time to accompany it. I have several new free patterns in the works along with a larger sampler and I promise I'll have something to share before the month is out so just be patient with me while I adjust to the madhouse I call home.

xoxo

Jennie Lynn

3 comments:

Mouse said...

have every sympathy with you there .. been there seen and done it ..lol .. hopefully you will get adjusted soon and can get back to some stitching even if it is only half hour a night :) take care and squeak to you soon love mouse xxxxx

mdgtjulie said...

It's hard to adjust to such a major change, so cut yourself some slack. And just think how much easier it will be to adjust when they go back to school!! Enjoy them while you've got them. After all, your stitching is patient!!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Enjoy the break of summer! One week is hardly enough time to adjust. I like to look of your blog - done on your own! Great job. For some reason it reminds me of travels...