Monday, August 22, 2011

Progress on at least something . . .

The drama of the air conditioning unit continues . . .

The gentleman who came out last week looked at the unit for all of five minutes and decided it couldn't be repaired but rather needed to be replaced. I was a little skeptical. He spent more time writing up the bill than he did actually inspecting our air conditioner. I asked that someone come out today to do a full appraisal. The gentleman who came out today came to the same conclusion but he spent almost an hour examining the unit and talking to my husband. So it looks like we are getting a new central air conditioner. I'm both a little excited and nervous. Any major home repair puts me on pins and needles and not the kind I like :)

Now begins the negotiating between the heating and cooling company and our home warranty company. So far both have been very accommodating so I have high hopes. We're still waiting on the actual bid to do the work then we need approval before any work can be done. Right now we're just . . . waiting. By our estimate the whole process will take about two to three weeks. Then of course we have to put the attic back together and start repairing all the water damage. For having gotten so much done in the past week it feels as though so little was actually accomplished.

I did manage to make progress on Blest Art. Virtually all of the alphabet is finished as well as some of the verse. I'm still not entirely happy with the white thread I've chosen. I'm in the middle of a pretty heated argument with myself about the color when I get an e-mail from Gentle Arts about their new thread releases. Have you seen them yet? If you haven't you can see them here. Antique Lace looks perfect! It's hard to be sure with nothing but an image on a computer monitor but I went ahead and ordered it. I'll just hold off on stitching those parts of the sampler. Even if I don't end up using it for this particular piece I'm always thrilled to order new threads. They are like candy to me and there can never be too many colors to choose from :)

In the future I promise to talk a little more about stitching and a little less about my air conditioner. It has dominated my life this past week and I fear that will not end anytime soon but nothing can keep me from needle and thread for too long :)

xoxo

Jennie Lynn

8 comments:

dixiesamplar said...

Not to worry...we all have to vent our frustrations at some point!

Love the progress on Blest Art...glad the color choice is working out for you. I hate it when I need one certain shade and can't find it in all my millions of flosses, LOL!

Joy said...

I don't want to think about replacing an air conditioner...I'm still on the original to the home. I've been told new ones only last 15 years..ouch!

"Blest Art" is looking good.

Shirlee said...

Thank you for discussing the new Gentle Arts threads & posting the website! I was not aware of it or of the new threads so I really appreciate the info : ) Blessings, Shirlee

Mouse said...

glad you are getting it sorted soon hopefully :0 and lovely progress too :) take care and happy stitching love mouse xxxxx

cucki said...

lovely stitching..xx

Dora said...

Thanks for the link for the new threads. Your sampler looks wonderful!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Oh darling, so sorry you are having air conditioning issues. I hope you all are able to resolve it soon.

Blest Art is coming along beautifully, I love it!

Gillie said...

Goodness, I am sorry, we did not get a new ac with our home insurance, they just kept replacing the stuff, though it wasn't leaking, until we gave in and bought a new one! We managed to sell the house without replacing the furnace, thank heavens! I had to go and buy 2 DMC threads yesterday which was annoying as I have so many but apparently NOT the two I need, lol! You were sensible to sit and stitch, what else could you have done, honestly?