Monday, April 11, 2011

Cupcakes, Samplers, and Date Nights


So Birthday Season is finally over in our house (until mine in June, anyway). I counted and since January I have made a gross of cupcakes. A gross!!! I think I'm off baking for a little while but all the better since it's getting warmer here every day. It's time to replace those baked sweets with some fresh fruit.


There's a little quiet before Easter and I'm taking advantage of it by starting a new sampler. I haven't picked up a needle in weeks and my fingers were aching to. It's a little larger than I usually do but just a collection of simple spot motifs with an alphabet. The box to the side there is my attempt at organizing my floss. Several of the threads are very similar in color and having them all jumbled at the bottom of my sewing box caused quite a headache when trying to distinguish between them.

My hubbie and I have decided to institute a "date night". Since he works from home we are rarely apart but we have realized that's not actually the same thing as spending time together. We haven't worked out all the kinks yet but there are two rules each of us proposed to the other. From me he's not allowed to watch TIVO and from him I'm not allowed to stitch. I think each of us is a little jealous of the time the other spends on our respective vices. We've picked Saturday this week since he'll be out of town on Friday. We haven't decided how we'll spend our time but I have to admit I am looking forward to it.


I'll post more pictures of the sampler as I make more progress on it. Until then, best wishes.


xoxo


Jennie Lynn

2 comments:

EEGT said...

I just love your needlework. I wanted to thank you for offering your free patterns. I downloaded your Prim Alphabet...I've been looking for one and am so happy to have found your pattern! What's your favorite material to stitch on?

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Cute sampler so far!

Date nights are awesome! You will be so glad you started them. Our friends sometimes make fun of us because we usually go to Lowe's on our date nights, lol! But we enjoy having the time away from the kids where we can actually look, plan, and dream.

I hope you had a great time on your date!