Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Inspired . . .

I had a plan. I knew the only way I was going to get anything done this past Summer with the children home was to be very organized. I knew I wouldn't have much time to create; I also knew I couldn't spend any of that time looking for things to create with. So last Spring I spent two days sorting, folding, labeling, cataloging, putting like with like, and bundling projects together . . . and it stayed that way most all Summer long (yeah me!). Then came the start of the school year, dance lessons, the rush of the holidays . . . you know what it's like.

Just the other day my husband was running around the house looking for some paperwork. I had it tucked away in a folder for him. I know where my daughter's glasses are and my sons' homework. I can recite everyone's schedules and can rattle off an inventory of our entire kitchen pantry. I know the amounts and due dates of all of our bills and can tell you what we're having for dinner a week in advance. Of course I spent three hours this past weekend looking for my prairie cloth. I did find it (eventually) but had managed to make an even bigger mess in the process. Mina, my two year old, helped a good deal in that department. I find burlap rather itchy; she couldn't stop rubbing it on her feet :)

I'd long since given up the idea I was going to sew up the doll that afternoon and instead gathered everything I had found before I found my prairie cloth and organized it in this little tote. I think it's time for another sorting. Hopefully, I'll be much more productive afterwards and even if I'm not is there a downside to spending a few days admiring all my goodies? I find things I forgot I had and I get a fresh perspective on things I see every day. I will most certainly be inspired to create and with a little bit of luck be able to find the things I want to create with!

xoxo

Jennie Lynn

4 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Wonderful post Jennie! I think alot of us can relate.
If you don't get to your projects ~ it sure is pretty all put together in your tote!
Prim Blessigs
Robin

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Hi, Jennie:
No more little ones for me home on vacations or otherwise! I miss it
very much. Your fabrics look perfect
in your tote.
You're making a dollye? I can't wait to see it.
Hugs,
Susan

from me to thee......... said...

Hi Jennie, I am your new follower #201.....found your blog while "blog surfing" and liked what I saw.....smiles, Linda

Laura Violet said...

The linen basket is So lovely !! I love it!