Thursday, September 29, 2011

Taking a different path today . . .


For the past week or so I've been working on another sampler. It's lovely and I am enjoying stitching it but . . . maybe it's because it's a large sampler? perhaps it's because I had so much difficulty choosing the right threads? could it be because I'm stitching from a printed chart? Whatever the reason, I decided today I needed a little change of direction. This morning I took a scrap piece of linen from the basket, a few colors of thread that I liked, and just sat down and started stitching. It's so relaxing to just stitch without having to constantly reference a chart, worry about what thread color I'm going to stitch with next, or count to make sure my stitches line up

I have to admit I'm enjoying traveling without a map. I'll post photos tomorrow of what I've come up with so far.

xoxo

Jennie Lynn

5 comments:

cucki said...

hello dear, i really love the color of the threads and linen..so much looking forward for the picture of your stitching..keep well and happy stitching xx

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Can't wait to see what you are stitching Jennie Lynn!!! Colors look great !

Penny said...

Wish I could stitch like that!! I can only imagine what it would like should I try to just "wing" it.... Only the really talented stitchers can do that... and you are certainly one of them. I look forward to seeing what you do!!!

Pamela@ The Sampler Makers Farmhouse said...

Your photography is so lovely!

Gillie said...

Looking forward to seeing it. Am really enjoying your Autumn Challenge but yikes, October 1st is tomorrow and I was a late joiner to the group!